Thread: How to edit context menu in Windows 8.1

How to edit context menu in Windows 8.1

Can anyone tell me whether there is a software to change all context menu entries in Windows 8.1? I have checked many apps but none of them give the functions to remove context menu entries like preview, rotate left/right, print, etc. I was able to remove some context menu entries but the process was very slow via registry editor, so it is really hectic to do it manually for every file types. Does anyone know a better way? Thanks

Re: How to edit context menu in Windows 8.1

You can download a tool called Context Menu Editor which is a free application for Windows that offers you to edit the text menu and add or delete entries in it. Context Menu Editor helps you to manage context menu of Windows. So you can easily add or delete any entries that you want. In addition, a help file is included in the application to guide you.

I dont know whether you will be able to find any similar tool to remove those since they are default windows ones. The others that are put there might be because of the third party applications that you have installed. Also, incase you want to use any tools to change Windows features then ensure to backup or create a restore point before making any changes to it.

With the help of Windows 8 Manager tool you can also edit context menus and also many other aspects of Windows. You can get this tool at 30 dollars but you can try it for a month for free until the trial expires. It does the job very well for me and also gets updated about every month. You can get this software from yamicsoft website.