Thread: Windows 7 slow after installing Windows 8 UI pack

Windows 7 slow after installing Windows 8 UI pack

My Windows 7 pc is working extremely slow after I added a Windows 8 UI pack. I downloaded that from web. The pack added Windows 8 type of interface on my pc. I have 4GB ram with Intel Core i3 cpu. I thought my system will be working really fine. Because I have a quiet good amount of ram.But as soon as I installed the pack the system started freezing after reboot. Now it takes a huge time to open Windows Explorer. What should I do to fix the issue.

Re: Windows 7 slow after installing Windows 8 UI pack

You have to remove the pack. Go in Task Manager and see he maximum ram or cpu usage. If ram usage is high then it means the pack is quiet heavy. It has lots of thing which is loaded in the memory. You have to remove it. But if the cpu usage is around 100% then it means it has a virus in it. You have to backup your data and format the pc to improve its performance.

There is official ui pack available. Whatever you download and install are developed by some third party stuff. And they are not proper. They can affect the overall performance of your system causing issue with the output. Instead of removing just system restore. This will put your old settings back and your system will work as it was before.

System restore is just a temporary solution. If there is any virus issue then it will not be resolved. You have to anyhow format your pc. Boot your system in safe mode first. Then uninstall the ui pack. Run a full system antivirus scan. This might take time. You can also use a bootable antivirus to get more effective solution. I use always when I think my existing antivirus is unable to clean or locate any threat.