Thread: Modify the background image of Windows 8 Start Screen

Modify the background image of Windows 8 Start Screen

We all know that Windows 8 does not come loaded with a feature through which you can customize the Start Screen. I want to modify the same. My system looks really dull. I want to customize the Start Screen with different colors and background image. Is there a tool available for that or any tweak that can let me do this. I had seen in Windows 7 we have option for modifying the wallpapers through windows registry. Is this thing possible in Windows 8.

Re: Modify the background image of Windows 8 Start Screen

You cannot tweak that. It is possible to change the lock screen wallpaper but you cannot do anything with the Start Screen. You can change the color scheme if you want. You have to go in personalization and modify the color screen. There are set of different colors available in it. You just have to drag the slider to apply the color of your choice.

There is a tool available which can help you to modify the start screen. It is called as Decor8. It is not a free application. This is the only application that can help you to customize windows 8 start screen. You can apply background images in this, you can change the color screen, you can also add various wallpaper on the start screen background. This will be changing on its own. There is no other tool available other than this.

I am also looking for a option through which I can change the background of Start Screen. I tired to find the image in Windows directory. I thought if I replace that with other one which I want, then it will be visible upon login. But I am not able to find the location. I tried to find a trail edition of Decor8 so that I can test it. It is not available.