Thread: Desktop Window Manager consuming high cpu on Windows 8

Desktop Window Manager consuming high cpu on Windows 8

Desktop Window Manager is consuming high cpu on my system. The cpu stuck on 100% when it is on. When I terminate dwm.exe from Task Manager the cpu usage rate falls. I am not able to figure out the problem with this thing. I was testing some live wallpapers on my system. After that I found that my system is getting slower and slower. It is not working properly at all. And now the cpu is showing up full 100% usage. I cannot do any changes in my system. I have to restart it forcibly to stop the cpu usage.

Re: Desktop Window Manager consuming high cpu on Windows 8

Looks like you had installed malware in your system. Which is causing the problem. You have to format your pc. So start taking data backup. Format and install windows back again. Use a good antivirus to get rid of this issues in future.

Desktop Window Manager does not consume much amount of ram. Most of the virus target dwm.exe and cause high system usage. Boot your system in safe mode first. Then launch system restore. Choose any older date. Restore the system. The next thing you have to do is run a full antivirus scan. If the antivirus is not able to find any threats then you can try using something other. There are ample of great tools available on the web. Like you can download and add Norton Internet security pack on your system. The trail edition gives you 30 days of full usage. Scan your system with that and check back. If still nothing works then keep formatting as the last alternative. Do not forget to backup your data.

System restore will not help you much. There will be problem later on because still the virus remain in your system. Download and run malwarebytes in your system. This one is the best one to get rid of nasty malwares.