Thread: creating a button on Toolbar in Windows 7

creating a button on Toolbar in Windows 7

I am looking for a way to show or create a button called "show navigation pane" on toolbar in Windows 7. I know that we need to click on Explorer Toolbar and then point to Layout and then click the Navigation pane to turn it on or off. But I wanted to a simple way to turn the Navigation Pane On or Off in Windows 7? Is there any method to do this? Thank you

Re: creating a button on Toolbar in Windows 7

You can download a program called Explorer Toolbar Editor to add buttons on toolbar. With this program you can add and remove one or more buttons to the folder type. You can also add buttons once to several or to all types of folders and also remove buttons from a particular folder type. If you wan then you can also create delete button of several types of folders or where they are contained and with sort button you can change the order they appear on the Explorer toolbar.

I found another program called Custom Explorer Toolbar but the issue is that after using it for adding the navigation pane isnt something that I want it to have. What I mean is that after using this program the button doesnt always remains there even though what ever folder is being viewed, like for instance, when viewing My Computer. This program seems to be having some issues adding few registry entries.

You can easily use the Explorer Toolbar Editor to add buttons to the Windows Explorer. After opening Explorer Toolbar Editor you can see 2 tabs, ie; file or folder selected and nothing else. Incase you just need to add a button which you want to be displayed at all time then you have to add it in both tabs of the application for the same libraries, folders or search results.