Thread: cannot change Windows 7 Home Premium themes

cannot change Windows 7 Home Premium themes

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on my pc. Last month I installed a theme pack called Terra Dynamic which was working fine without any issues. But recently I checked that in the last few days it is not changing pictures. I am not able to change the themes also. I deleted this theme but still I am not able to change any themes? Can anyone please help me out? Thanks

Re: cannot change Windows 7 Home Premium themes

Try to run sfc /scannow command in your Windows 7 pc. To do this first click on Start and then in the Search box type command prompt and at the top a box will appear, simply right click on it and then run as administrator. After the command prompt appears then you need to type sfc /scannow and press Enter. It will then start the procedure of system scanning.

I think that the TranscodedWallpaper.jpg file in your computer must have become corrupted. So you will need to open Explorer and then type the following in the address bar and press Enter - %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\. After that rename the TranscodedWallpaper.jpg to TranscodedWallpaper.old. Now you need to double click slideshow.ini file to open it with Notepad and empty its contents. Like for example select all the text and delete it and then save the changes.

Have you solved the problem? If you have not then you could not have a slideshow.ini file incase you were not using the Windows Slideshow feature, but instead the theme was doing the changing. If everything is working fine then the above suggestion of corrupted TranscodedWallpaper.jpg was correct. Also try to follow article based on "Unable to change background picture in Windows 7" from here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2504610