Thread: Installed Themes are saved in which folder in Windows 7?

Installed Themes are saved in which folder in Windows 7?

I am running Windows 7 on my computer. I recently downloaded many themes from a Windows 7 themes website. These themes that I have downloaded are in .themepack file extensions. Now I was wondering in which folder should I move them so that it shows in "Aero Theme" with the rest of the installed themes. Thanks for any help.

Re: Installed Themes are saved in which folder in Windows 7?

If you want to view the regional theme installed in your Windows 7 pc then copy this text and paste in the Search box - %SystemRoot%\Globalization\MCT. For viewing installed themes like Aero, copy this text - %SystemRoot%\Resources\Themes. For viewing pre-user installed themes, copy this text - %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes and for viewing the current wallpaper file copy this text - %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes.

If you want to located the default themes installaed directory then you need to go to this path - C:\Windows\resources\Themes. Once you have run the other .themepack files then these files get extracted and then installed in this location - %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes or in %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes.

I dont think you will be able to place the .themepack files that you have downloaded with Aero themes. However you can try to place them with the installed themes in this location - C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes. Or else try to look at a folder under "My Themes" in your computer and test it.