Thread: gadgets not supported with Internet Explorer 11

gadgets not supported with Internet Explorer 11

I have just installed Internet Explorer 11 in my computer that is running on Windows 7 and it seems that the weather gadget and CPU meter are not working well. I have searched a lot for a workaround for this problem but it seems there are nothing for it. So does anyone know what are other free alternatives for this gadgets? Thanks

Re: gadgets not supported with Internet Explorer 11

There was a news from microsoft stating that we shouldnt use gadgets because of some security problem and hence they are not supported anymore. I was also using CPU meter which was very helpful application and have not found anything which will work as it supposed to be. I would suggest that with the new updates released by Microsoft, these gadgets tend to be vulnerable and hence you should not use it.

There was a microsoft column on "Vulnerabilities in Gadgets Could Allow Remote Code Execution" explaining why it is not a good idea to use the gadgets. You can get more information on this link - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...visory/2719662. However, instead of using the desktop gadget you can use the built-in Resource Monitor to monitor the CPU and RAM performance on your computer. Hope this helps.

Have you looked at Rainmeter desktop customization tool? Rainmeter is a free application that allows you to set different "Skins" on your desktop. It also displays a wide variety of information about your system (RAM, networks, space on the hard drive), your music interface (Winamp and iTunes), or content from Internet (weather, Gmail inbox, RSS feeds, etc.). The "skins" are all customizable. You can finally change your desktop to your liking.