Thread: icons on start screen disappeared in Windows 8

icons on start screen disappeared in Windows 8

I am running Windows 8 on my pc. I recently moved the app data, just for some testing purpose, but after that all the icons on the start screen have disappeared. There are many different names appearing and I cannot do anything with the metro icons anymore. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks

Re: icons on start screen disappeared in Windows 8

Well, then didnt you put the app data folder back to its original place? This way all the icons will come back in your Windows 8 pc. If still that doesnt work then try to do a System Restore and revert back to the time when everything was working fine. So, to restore your PC to an earlier point in time, follow the below link for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/w...fresh-reset-pc

Is your drive full and out of space and thats why you moved the app data. If that is the case then I would ask you to get a bigger hard drive or try to clean up temporary files by going to this location - AppData\Local\Temp and Appdata\LocalLow\Temp. You should actually never move the app data folder since your operating system uses it oftenly.

Have you got a backup, then restore it back or else try to get the same folder from another user. The best resort will be only system restore or you can even try to refresh your computer. Try to clean up the full disk as well by going to drive > properties > disk cleanup. There are also many tools like CCleaner to clean up the disk efficiently.