Thread: Windows 8 transformation pack crashing on Windows 7

Windows 8 transformation pack crashing on Windows 7

I was looking for a transformation pack for Windows 7. I found one on web. It was a huge application which has metro ui and icons of Windows 8 with color layout. It changed the entire screen. But it is extremely slow. Sometime on login the entire system crashes and there is a white background. But after a while I am back on the basic screen. Is there a good and stable transformation pack available.

Re: Windows 8 transformation pack crashing on Windows 7

Don't install any of them. Theming apps are very messy and they slow down your system. Sometime you will loose the performance. I had used a Windows 7 transformation pack long before, I have to format the system back to restore its original settings back.

There are some but it is correct that they slow down your system. It is necessary that you must get a good one. But why do you want a transformation pack. The best thing you can do is create a partition. And install Windows 8 on the same. This will give you a full solution for using the OS and also you can take the benefit from all features. But a transformation pack will also give you theme and icon layout. I do not really trust any transformation pack. I had spoiled my system long back which has cause the same kind of issue. I had did this on a old windows xp system. I installed a same Windows 7 transformation pack which screwed up everything. Even after removing that the system was slow and at last I have to format it. So in your cause you will have to do the same thing. Try to remove it first and see whether it works well or not. If not then you will have to format your system and install everything back again from scratch. Or you can go ahead with system restoration. This is also a good option to revert back to original settings.

Don't use them. It is better to dual boot your system and add the OS in a separate partition. All this transformation pack are useless and they will make your system more and more slower.