Thread: program manager in Windows 7 question

program manager in Windows 7 question

I am running Windows 7 on my computer without any problems. Using all the old version of Windows, I have always liked the "Program Manager". Previously I was using a Window that I can use to toggle to all app shortcut which was sorted by application. I was having a folder in Windows XP where I could have the right side folder bar showing or not but it cannot be done in Windows 7. Can anyone tell me how do I get this things in Windows 7? Thanks

Re: program manager in Windows 7 question

What I do is I usually place all the shortcuts in All Programs menu by going to the location which is there in the address bar and copy the shortcut from the folders and paste this shortcuts to any list. The best part is that we can add all the shortcuts that we want and it gets available in the alphabetical order from top of all programs as well.

You can even try to make a new customized folder and then place it in the folder list at the top and then add the shortcuts to the folder. Or create a new folder and place a shortct for every application you want in it and then add that folder like a new Toolbar. I normally do this for System Tools since I use it a lot. Hope this helps.

There is also a small tool called Folder Menu that can do this for you. This software is just a folder switching tool and you can easily jump to any of your favorite folders in Explorer and then open or save dialog or command prompt and many more thing. Just search for this tool in google and download and install it in your pc.