Thread: set old Windows 8 background in Windows 8.1

set old Windows 8 background in Windows 8.1

I have recently upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 preview and I dont like the background of Windows 8.1. Hence I am looking for a way to get back the old Windows 8 background in Windows 8.1 preview edition? This new updated OS has many choices which I really dont care about. So is there anyone who can suggest me how to do that? Thanks

Re: set old Windows 8 background in Windows 8.1

You can try to download Stardock Decor8 1.06 tool that can do the task for you. Also, Windows 8 limits your options to change the customization screen for only 10 images provided in the background and some predefined color programs. Decor8 removes these limitations and provides the freedom to customize your home screen with your own images and colors. You can customize the startup screen of Windows 8 with background images and dozens of colors that is included.

You can try to change the Sign in and Start Screen Background images and color in the PC Settings in your Windows 8 computer. Click on Start and then open Charms Bar and then click on Settings Charm. After that click on the change PC Settings at the bottom. After that you can select a image for the Start Screen background and choose a color for it and sign in screen background. Once you have finished you can close PC settings afterwards.

It is very easy to change the background in Windows 8.1 but for that you will need to use some images that are resident on your pc. I am not on Windows 8 right now, so I wont be able to upload that images for you but there might be some other users here who can zip those photos and attach it in the documents below.