Thread: start screen of metro disappears

start screen of metro disappears

I am new user of Windows 8 and I am facing few difficulties with it. If I am clicking on the start icon on the left screen then the metro screen appears and on the right screen the desktop is also fine but if I am clicking the desktop or any peice of software running on my right screen, then the metro screen simply disappears and my left screen shows my desktop with taskbar. I just simply want to open and close metro manually on the left screen rather than letting it disappearing because I want to do some other task on the right screen. So can anyone help me out? Thanks

Re: start screen of metro disappears

By default Microsoft had done that feature like when you click on the desktop the start icon or the metro apps will disappear. Also, Windows 8 isnt meant to be used on multiple monitors so this could be the reason as well. There is no explanation given by Microsoft for this feature but I believe that some or the other person will definitely have some answers for it.

Yes, even I agree that Metro interface is not very friendly with dual monitor setup. But I think that there is a way to open Metro screen over to your second display. You can also open it by clicking on the Start Thumbnail in the bottom left side on that display and it will stay there for sometime. Incase you restart then all this setting will be back to the default display.

When you try to launch an app then the metro start screen simply closes. This happens since the app opens on the same monitor where the start screen is open and windows remembers where exactly the desktop apps were last opened but not for metro apps. So, unless somebody makes a tweak for this setting, I dont think it is doable.