Thread: unable to remove US Keyboard layout in Windows 8

unable to remove US Keyboard layout in Windows 8

I am trying to set the UK Keyboard Layout but after selecting it I dont know why the US keyboard layout keeps reappearing again and again. Can anyone tell me how do I remove this US Keyboard Layout once and for all from the Control Panel settings? I simply want the Keyboard Layout as UK and all other windows display language and date, time etc; as US. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks

Re: unable to remove US Keyboard layout in Windows 8

What you can do is simply define the UK keyboard after you try to install the operating system which is based on EN-US. After that you need to go to language preferencesand then click on the options against English US and then click on remove for US input and then try to add the UK language afterwards. This way it will work.

Try to launch the classic Control panel by pressing the Windows+R keys on the keyboard and then select Control Panel from the context menu. After that switch to small icons view and then select the new Language option. Now on the right side you will see an options hyperlink which you need to click to. This is the place where you need to add and remove the keyboard layouts. Hope this helps.

You can easily add a keyboard layout for a language in your Windows 8 computer, simply follow the below steps:
    1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
    2. Enter language, choose Settings, and then tap or click Add a language.
    3. Choose the language that you want to add a keyboard layout to, tap or click Options next to the language name, and then tap or click Add an input method.
    4. Browse the input method list or use the search box to look for the keyboard layout you want to use.
    5. Double-tap or double-click the keyboard layout, and then tap or click Save.

More information can be found on this link - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/w...eyboard-layout