Thread: How to disable theme syncing between two windows 8 devices with same live ID

How to disable theme syncing between two windows 8 devices with same live ID

I am using Windows 8 on a desktop computer since its release. Couple of days ago i bought a new laptop which came pre-loaded with Windows 8. Now the problem is, if i make any change in themes or wallpapers on one PC, it automatically gets changed on another because i have used the same Microsoft ID on both the systems. I just dont want this to happen, but also cannot use another ID because i want my mails on both devices as i use desktop at home and laptop while on the way. Hence i wanted to know how can we fix it? Is there any way we can prevent each of them to not see changes on my other PC? If yes, please let me know how. Many thanks.

Re: How to disable theme syncing between two windows 8 devices with same live ID

You dont need to use different Live IDs on your devices just because of a wallpaper or Theme syncing. You can easily disable this syncing from your Windows PC Settings. Here is how to do:
    • Login with your Live ID on any of your Windows 8 computer running with the same live account.
    • Go to PC Settings
    • Click Sync your Settings (probably third option from bottom)
    • On the right pane, move the slider to turn off "Desktop Personalization".

Thats it. It will now no more sync your theme, wallpaper or other personalization settings.

Re: How to disable theme syncing between two windows 8 devices with same live ID

Thanks a lot buddy. I didn't knew it was so easy. Thats all i wanted to know. It worked great. I appreciate your help.