Thread: theme reverts back in Windows 7

theme reverts back in Windows 7

I am using my own theme under "my themes" most of the time and I dont know how a split image of this same theme is titled as 'unsaved theme' and the screensaver is turned off. I cannot understand how this one got over there and if I am trying to switch back to "my theme" it will always revert back to unsaved theme. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Re: theme reverts back in Windows 7

The problem that you are facing happens if you change the desktop wallpaper to another one and only after that the current theme might be saved as unsaved theme. So what you can do is always copy to the desktop background folder of the saved theme, it will be stored in this location be default - C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

I am also having this problem in my computer and I have changed nothing but still windows makes a new unsaved theme automatically. This new unsaved theme gets stuck on one wallpaper and changes the sound theme to windows default theme. So the above solution does not applies to the problem that I am facing. Is there any other fix?

Well, to solve this problem you need to go to Control Panel and then Administrator Tools and then double click on Services and go to Themes. After that you will see a column that will say 'startup type'. Just check whether it says manual, then change that to automatic and to do this you will have to double click on themes and then choose the drop down box and pick automatic. Hope this helps.