Thread: Windows 8 animated wallpaper

Windows 8 animated wallpaper

Until last week i was using windows 7 on my desktop. As many of my friends started upgrading to latest Windows 8.1 Preview, even thought to test out the same. Download the ISO image, created bootable disk and did a clean install of Windows 8. Yeah, removed my windows 7. Everything is working fine and i must say Windows 8.1 is awesome. Just a small problem. I like keeping moving backgrounds on my desktop. I use to do this using Dreamscene in Windows 7 but seems like it is not working in Windows 8. Hence i wanted to know if there is any way we can use Animated wallpapers on Windows 8? Thanks for your helps.

Re: Windows 8 animated wallpaper

What exactly you mean by SWF wallpaper? If i am not wrong you want to keep animated background, right? If yes, then yes you can do it with DreamScene. I dont know how the dreamscene is not working for you. Are you trying to install the same older dreamscene setup which you used for windows 8 or 7, or you downloaded the new updated one? It is now available for windows 8.1 as well. You can get it from windows update. Just follow these steps:
    • Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
    • Click View available Extras.If Windows DreamScene is not available, click Check for updates.
    • Select the Windows DreamScene check box, and then click Install. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Now restart the system and see if it works.

Hello Edorña. I too would like to keep videos or animated images on my windows 8 desktop wallpaper but seems like the steps you provided wont work for me. I am not getting any dreamscene related update in Windows update. Any alternate way for the same please?

Quote Originally Posted by The Picture View Post
    Hello Edorña. I too would like to keep videos or animated images on my windows 8 desktop wallpaper but seems like the steps you provided wont work for me. I am not getting any dreamscene related update in Windows update. Any alternate way for the same please?
    There are many users who didn’t got dreamscene from windows update, including me. Hence I did some searches and found the direct download of Dreamscene application for my Windows 8. If you want you can download the same from here. Hope you know how to download. Just unzip, double click the installer, choose wallpaper or video and enjoy your live desktop.

That was very helpful buddy. Even I was not able to get it from Updates. Thanks for providing the direct download link. However, I don’t have any 3D video to set the wallpaper for which dreamscene is made. Can you also please let us know from where can we get the free 3D videos or wallpaper to download?

First of all Dreamscene is surely available from Windows Updates, I don’t know how you guys are not getting it. Anyways, you can get the Dreamscene video pack complete free from windows update. Here is how:
    • Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
    • Click View available Extras.
    • If no Extras are available, click Check for updates.
    • Select the Windows DreamScene Content Pack check box, and then click Install. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.