Thread: How to disable libraries in Windows 8?

How to disable libraries in Windows 8?

I am on the new Windows 8 operating system on my computer and I wanted to know a way on how to disble the libraries in Windows 8? I dont use them and therefor want to wipe them completely. I have checked many website but could not find any steps on how to do this? With the previous Windows OS also I used to disable the library since I know where I put the files. Thanks

Re: How to disable libraries in Windows 8?

You can try to use the PC Magic Folders software that you can download it from the net. This software hides the folders and also the files that you want on your computer. I have been using it for many days and it usually makes folders that you dont want any people to see it. I havent tried this software on Windows 8, but you can give it a try and let us know if it works for you.

You can even get hands on the Idoo File Encryption Pro that does the same thing which is written in the above post. You will need to get the latest version that is compatible with Windows 8. With this software you will be able to lock folder and also secure lock data folder on CD/DVD drive, usb and hard drive as well. It is also rated a little above than the Magic Folders software. Hope this helps.

There is no way to permanently disable libraries in Windows 8. So, it seems that microsoft has build an operating system that doesnt want users to disable this feature with the help of registry hack, which was doable in the previous version of the OS. There are some ways to disable the explorer and shell or something else. Or otherwise the only option left is to use the software that is described in the above posts.