Thread: Stock Gadget for Windows 7

Stock Gadget for Windows 7

I have started dealing with stocks recently. My system runs windows 7 and I want to know if there is a Stock Gadget application for the same. I will like to download and install it and track my funds. Suggest me the best Stock Gadget, suggestions regarding this will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Re: Stock Gadget for Windows 7

I will like to inform you that Microsoft had remove the stock gadget from Windows 7 for all editions. However there are some 3rd party gadgets available to carry out the same task. One of those I remember is “Yahoo! Stock Ticker 2.7.3”. It will help you to get information about the stock market directly on your desktop. You can customize the content displayed by the app. You can simply set the widget to stay at top if you wish to check out your stock information as soon as possible. Apart from the app if you want to get more information for the changes then you can check out Yahoo Finance website as well.

Yes there are so many 3rd party gadgets available out by now. You can check out “Market Report 1.0.0.0” as well. Its available for free, just make sure that you are downloading the below one.

Developer: - Blue Onion Software | More programs
    Size / OS: - 50 KB / Windows Vista / Vista64 / 7 / 7 x64
    Category - C: \ Windows Widgets \ Widget Finances & Business

I have attached "StocksForWin7.gadget" below. You can download it and check it out. I want to add that I have received varying response for this app. Some of my friends have said that it works where as some said it doesn’t. Let me know if it works out for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Coloma View Post
    I have started dealing with stocks recently. My system runs windows 7 and I want to know if there is a Stock Gadget application for the same. I will like to download and install it and track my funds. Suggest me the best Stock Gadget, suggestions regarding this will be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    My uncle used to use Stocks gadget 1.0.0.0:
    Developer:Yahoo | More programs
    License / Price:Freeware / $0
    Size / OS: 215 KB / Windows All
    Last Updated: November 5th, 2008, 02:06 UTC
    Category:C: \ Windows Widgets \ Widget Finances & Business

It’s quite an old one but as far as I am aware it works with windows 7 without any issues. In case the above ones don’t work out for you then you can check Stocks gadget 1.0.0.0 for sure.

Ok, I’ll check the ones suggested and will let you all know which one works. I’ll try out Market Report 1.0.0.0 first as it’s said to be compatible with Windows Vista / Vista64 / 7 / 7 x64.