Thread: Fully customizable start menu in Windows 8

Fully customizable start menu in Windows 8

I used the consumer preview of Windows 8 on my computer and found the interface of this operating system cool and much better than the previous operating systems. Since it was the consumer preview, I don’t think that it had full customization options available for use. I think that there will be more customization options available in the main version of Windows 8 which will release later this year. I wanted to know if anybody has any knowledge about how much customizable will the Start Menu is.

Re: Fully customizable start menu in Windows 8

I think that Windows 8 urgently needs to have a start button on the task bar as it becomes difficult to operate the computer without it. According to my knowledge, only the desktop tiles and the layout are changeable. One can change the colors of the tiles, their position and add animations to them like tilting and many such things are possible. But I don’t know much about the Start Menu in Windows 8.

Re: Fully customizable start menu in Windows 8

I don’t think that the Start Menu of Windows 8 will be customizable. Even if customization options are given, I don’t think that they will let us modify it in depth. We can wait for some modification tools to be developed by the third party developers. I think they will only provide us some option to have custom start menu in Windows 8which we would be able use to modify it in ways we want to.