Thread: All themes are gray in window 7 professional

All themes are gray in window 7 professional

I have been using windows 7 on my system and I did not had any issue by now but today I have found that all the themes in personalization screen are appearing gray. I don’t know what’s wrong with it and I don’t have much idea about the same as well. So is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me fix this??

Re: All themes are gray in window 7 professional

Before suggesting you anything regarding the same I just wanted to know if you have installed any software recently which you doubt can cause this issue. If that’s not the case then check in the group policies in the user configuration and see if they are enabled there or not. First check out these things and let me know so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are going through and I will try to help you with it as well.

I have not installed any software recently and I don’t think there is any software as such that might be causing this issue. As far as I can guess the issue arose after installing recommended windows update. I have checked out in the group policies and I don’t know why they are appearing as not configured and disabled. I am not getting a way to enable them, is there anywhere else from where I can enable it?? Everything in personalization screen like wallpaper and themes are appearing grayed. Will I have to reinstall windows for fixing this??

I don’t think that there's actually a need for reinstalling whole windows, you can better try running SFC /SCANNOW Command and check out if that’s fixing the issue:
    • Go to start type cmd, right click on cmd and run it as administrator
    • Now in command prompt window type ”sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit enter
    • When you do so a scan process will get started and it will scan integrity of all protected system files, if there is something wrong with them then the process will repair them as well. Once the process gets completed simply reboot the system and see if the issue has got fixed or not. If sfc /scannow doesn’t help then you can go to start and try out the troubleshooting solutions after typing “Find and Fix problems with transparency and other visual effects” in search.

Since you have mentioned that the issue has started after windows update, I will suggest you to try out a system restore and I think that should help you out. You can restore your system to a point when you were not having any issue like this. Just make sure that you are backing up the crucial applications that you might have installed recently as they will be erased prior to that point. If everything works fine then you can install you application and software’s again. If this issue is getting caused by any software that you might have installed then you will come to know about it as well. This will be the best solution in your case, if you are not aware of system restore process then you can refer to the below steps for it.
    • Go to start type rstrui.exe in search and hit enter, when you get the system properties window then Click on System Restore button and then click on next.
    • If you have tried system restore previously then you can choose a different restore point and simply click on next.
    • You will be informed about the Programs and Drivers that will be getting affected by the restore, so you can make a note of them for installing them later.
    • Once you have gone through the list of program and driver that will be getting affected, just click on Close followed by next and finally on Finish button.
    • The process will get started and will end up after some time, it might take some time so be patient and make sure that you are not interrupting the process in between until it gets completed successfully.

Thanks for your help guys, I have tried out the sfc /scannow just now but it does not seem to be taking any affect as I can still see wallpapers and themes grayed in personalization screen. I have also tried out troubleshooting solutions that were mentioned in “Find and Fix problems with transparency and other visual effects” but I wasn’t able to get much help from it. I haven’t tried out System Restore as I am running out of time currently but I will surely give it a try later and will let you know if the issue gets solved after that.