Thread: ObjectBlock is too resource intensive in Windows 7

ObjectBlock is too resource intensive in Windows 7

I just installed ObjectBlock in my computer which has Windows 7 as its operating system. Actually one of my friends uses it on his computer and he had modified his desktop interestingly using this software. So I too tried it out and created a beautiful desktop for my computer. But after installing ObjectBlock and creating a desktop, the computer became slow. Opening a file started taking long time, even startup slowed down. I checked the processes and the performance tab in Task Manager and found that with ObjectBlock running, the computer is taking up lot of resources. This never happened in my friend’s computer and his computer ran at normal sped. Why is it happening, can someone explain me?

Re: ObjectBlock is too resource intensive in Windows 7

ObjectBlock customizes desktop for which it needs graphic driver and high end RAM. You can’t expect it to run on 1 GB RAM as smoothly as on 8 GB RAM. The desktop customization softwares need high amount of resources as they need to keep the processes running n background.

It is not just Object Block that will cause this problem but any other desktop customization software will do the same to your computer. If you think that your friend’s computer still runs at normal speed, then check if he has a graphic card and a high capacity RAM, this can be the only reason for this difference.

Using ObjectBlock or any other desktop modification software, if you add widgets and other components, they create their own processes. So if you want to add more components on the screen of yours then you must also have good amount of resources ready to be utilized by them. I haven’t used ObjectBlock yet, but if any of the component suffers from memory leak, then it might happen that the component must be utilizing resources more than it needs.

As you have mentioned that the startup has become slow, then it is because the ObjectBlock loads all its components at the startup. This creates a bottle neck problem for operating system as it loads its own processes as well as the processes for ObjectBlock. The priority for these processes differs and thus the operating system gets confused. You can try other desktop customization softwares like Rainmeter as they need fewer resources to work upon. Another alternative to stop the overloading of processes at startup is to go in the options of ObjectBlock and disable it from loading at the startup. After the computer starts with normal theme and desktop, you can manually start it.