Thread: How to remove shadow icon boxes in Windows 7

How to remove shadow icon boxes in Windows 7

Hi. Hope you guys understood what i meant to say according to the title. I am using Windows 7. Since my was getting slower day by day, and my usage is also very high so i disable the Aero and all and just kept the simple classic theme. I went to My computer properties, advance settings, performance settings and clicked on "Adjust for best Performance'. There is no more graphics or Aero on my system as of now but the only problem am facing is that i am not able to remove shadow boxes on desktop icons. So, i am here. Please let me know how to remove those shadows ?

Re: How to remove shadow icon boxes in Windows 7

Running windows 7 with classic theme declares itself that the user is hardcore user . Anyway, steps for removing desktop icon's shadow boxes is still same as it was in XP and Vista. Did you tried doing it from the performance options ? if not, go back to the windows where you selected "Adjust for best performance' under system's advanced settings.

Once you reach there, scroll down the options and you will find an option called "Show shadows under windows". Just uncheck this option and click on Apply. Thats it. There will no more icon shadow boxes on desktop. Try it out and let me know if it dint worked. There are many more ways to do the same but this was the simplest.

Re: How to remove shadow icon boxes in Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Orton View Post
    Once you reach there, scroll down the options and you will find an option called "Show shadows under windows". Just uncheck this option and click on Apply. Thats it. There will no more icon shadow boxes on desktop. Try it out and let me know if it dint worked. There are many more ways to do the same but this was the simplest.
    Thanks for the Info and help Orton, but i already tried that and unfortunately it wont works. Now what? What is the alternate way for fixing the same ? Please help.