Thread: Script to remind my work or a popup, when i click on shut down computer

Script to remind my work or a popup, when i click on shut down computer

Hey guys I am looking for a Script that will remind me about any task in the form of a popup if I have made while shutting down the computer. Actually I have loads of task to do in a day and I always miss out some, so I want a script where I will get a reminder when I click on shut down computer if I have not closed the script. Is there any Script that can help me out?? Anyone??

Re: Script to remind my work or a popup, when i click on shut down computer

You seem to be asking for an interesting script, there are scripts that can act as a reminder but I doubt you will be able to trigger them by clicking on shut down computer. I will check about the same and will post back with my findings, till then you will have to wait for some hardcore script writer to reach your thread.

You can try out the below attached script and see if it is working out for you or not, I have not tried out the same but I have come across one mentioning that it works. After downloading the script follow the below steps:
    Open the script and copy the contents in a notepad file and save it as shut down computer.
    • After that Go to Start > Run> type "gpedit.msc" without quotes
    • When you get a new window opened then go to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)
    • Right click on Shutdown> select Properties> Click 'Add'> browse file> Click 'OK'> close Policy Editor.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you are having a logon auditing enabled which you have to enable form Security Policies management console then you can make use of event viewer in order to find a event for user logoff or system shutdown. After getting the even you can create a task for that event with the message that you might be willing to get displayed. You can also create a script using VBscript and go through gpedit.msc (group policy settings) for setting it up. You can get a standard message box with desired text, buttons, icons, etc.

I am not sure about the above things but I have checked about the same and I have found people mentioning that the best idea will be creating a scheduled task and setting the same to run after 10 minutes and so before logging off.