Thread: how to change the fade time of wallpaper

how to change the fade time of wallpaper

Hi, am having a very short question. hope you guys will help me to solve it out. I selected around 30 images as wallpaper for my Windows 7 desktop that keeps changing every in 5 minutes duration. Now the thing i want to do is to change the fade time between those images. By default, if you guys have noticed, it is 2 seconds in my Windows 7 Ultimate. I dont know about other OS versions. Is there any way we can change that fade time of 2 seconds to any other number ? if yes, please let me know soon. Thanks.

Re: how to change the fade time of wallpaper

Basically there is no such built-in options given to users in Windows 7 or even in Vista. Also i tried searching for some apps that can work for the same but unfortunately there is no app as well. I dont why you want to do the same,but the only way alter the fading time of wallpapers can be done by editing Windows codes or registry.

And as far as i know, there is information about editing coding in windows on web. So, it is basically impossible.

Re: how to change the fade time of wallpaper

I am using Windows 7 Home Edition. Under my theme personalization i found few options like Effect, duration, Size, etccc. But there is no option in my windows editions. I guess there should be some extra options in yout Ultimate editions. If not, than there is no way to do the same. You will need to contact Microsoft directly and tell them to implement the same