Thread: unsaved theme gets created and stays default after restarting windows 7

unsaved theme gets created and stays default after restarting windows 7

This problem is being noticed in my windows 7 system from past one week. I have completely no idea why exactly I am facing this problem as I haven’t done anything with the computer. Yesterday when I was trying to create and edit a theme everything went on smoothly till I saved and turned off the PC. As far as I know the screen saver was created well and also I managed to save it successfully but then when I restarted the PC I found that some other unsaved theme stayed as the default theme in my machine. I never saved this theme then how come I got saved in the computer and made itself as the default theme. Guys please help me out. What exactly should I do now? Deleting that unsaved theme doesn’t really helps. Is there any alternate solution that I could help me in resolving the issue?

Re: unsaved theme gets created and stays default after restarting windows 7

I don’t think there is any issue in your computer, also there is no external problem that is causing this problem. this is one of the windows property while we make certain illegal changes with the themes. I am sure Its just a small mistake that you have committed. Are you sure you edited the theme properly. There are certain things that need to be known before to make any changes to the theme. If ever while editing theme you simply just change the parameter then possibly the theme might get unsaved. So make sure that you didn’t do any such kind of changes into it.

I do agree with that suggestion. Even I have noticed it a lot. Once if ever you modify or change the theme and after the changes when you save it, remember that you do not make any further changes. Parameter is simply indicates the desktop background, sound settings etc. after you have saved any theme if you even change the background of the desktop or sound property then what exactly happens is your saved theme remains in the Personalization and another unsaved theme gets created which in turns behaves as the default theme of your windows 7 machine. Once the changes in the themes are made just stick to it, that’s all I can say about this problem. do not think that you windows 7 has encountered an issue.

There may be chances that your themes are corrupted which are not allowing you to make any changes into it. Better you stopping putting up much affords in changing those themes, instead you can download a new theme pack from the official site of Microsoft. if you need I can provide you the link for those windows 7 theme pack download. But make sure that those theme packs are only meant for Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate editions. Click Here to reach the download page of windows 7 theme pack.

I personally prefer to create my own theme pack. Yes, you have heard it correctly. I make my own theme pack with the help of the theme files. I generally do it with the help of the following page: Create a Theme File. There is a .theme file which helps you to modify the desktop elements. There overall two ways for modifying the .theme file. Just click on the link and read out the entire page carefully you will get the complete details of creating your own theme file.