Thread: Install Windows Photo Gallery of vista in windows 7, possible

Install Windows Photo Gallery of vista in windows 7, possible

Hello guys, need a small tip or suggestion from you all. Am having 3 PCs at my home with XP, Vista and W7. Just yesterday i upgraded one of my PC to Windows 7 (yeah, i know its too late). Windows 7 indeed has many good features but i dint like the photo gallery embedded with the 7. I tried to change it with Windows Live photo gallery but that also is not too impressive. Infact i dont even like Windows live. What i want is a photo gallery that comes built-in with Windows Vista. It was great. So, i want to know from where can i download the Photo gallery similar to Vista in my W7 system ?

Re: Install Windows Photo Gallery of vista in windows 7, possible

Just Windows Live Photo gallery is the only option that have to change the current photo gallery of your windows 7. The one you want to is just not possible because it was the built-in application came with Vista. And Microsoft has not made it for download separately. So i dont think there is any way to get it on any other operating system. However, you can just give a try but searching its .exe file on one of your existing vista system. If you get the exe, you can try installing it in W7, but still i am not sure it will work because built-in apps have many files associated with them in various places including registry..and that is just impossible to gather each of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawannah View Post
    The one you want to is just not possible because it was the built-in application came with Vista. And Microsoft has not made it for download separately. So i dont think there is any way to get it on any other operating system. However, you can just give a try but searching its .exe file on one of your existing vista system.
    Well, thanks for your prompt and fair reply . Can you please tell me where do i need to search those files? I mean, in which folder can i get them apart from registry ?

It depends on the application you searching. For example, windows explorer, recycle bin, etc can be found only in registry but other apps such as photo gallery, Paint, etcc should in System32 folder at this location:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32
    This location may vary in your Vista system. So locate System32 and search. See if you get it.