Thread: How do I get back start button on Windows 8?

How do I get back start button on Windows 8?

I have got the news that “Start Button Removed from Windows 8 by Microsoft”. I was going to install the preview of the Windows 8 but before this I would like to know that if there is some way to get back the start button on Windows 8. If you have some idea regarding this then please let me know that. I will be thankful for all the replies.

Re: How do I get back start button on Windows 8?

Yes, this is true that they have removed the start button from Windows 8 but there is no way to get that back. I searched a lot for this earlier and there is no way for this. So I think that it will be just waste of time to search for this

Yes, this is possible with the Start8. Start8 is the little program that allows users of Windows 8 can set the start button again in the taskbar. This is a free program which requires a valid e-mail address to download. In addition to the Start button, it brings Start8 of Stardock with the Run option, which can be accessed by right clicking on the button. The ability to shut down is therefore achieved. This is the best and there are many of the users who have used this and so I hope that it will also work for you.

Here are the features of the Start8.
    1. Add a "Start" menu within taskbar of Windows 8 Consumer Preview
    2. Permits simple access to your applications
    3. Adds menu "Run” as of the context menu
    4. Adds menu item "Stop" from the context menu

I don’t think that there is any need to make use of any such third party software for this. They have made this in the best way and it does not require having any modification in that. I will never make use of this and also will not recommend anyone for it.

I also found it very disappointing that with the Windows 8 Consumer Preview, Microsoft has have removed the Start menu completely which was well known form the time of Windows 95. This leads to cause a movement of annoyance with the release of every Windows opus. Using the Start8 is a good idea. This is Stardock's free product and available now! You just enter your e-mail to receive a download link.

Start8 is software that allows you to find the start button in Windows 8. The menu looks like the start of the new screen of Windows 8. The program gives you the quick access for the applications and for accessing the entry "Run" and also for quickly shutting down your computer through right clicking on button.

Just wanted to note that Classic Shell 3.5.0 has just been released, and it now works beautifully on Windows 8 Consumer Preview, providing a highly functional and highly customizable Start Menu, as well as allowing one to substantially augment the Explorer ribbon, providing the ability to add a whole row of traditional Explorer function icons. I think Classic Shell is a much better alternative than ViStart. In fact, I like Classic Shell better than than the Vista and Windows 7 Start Menus anyway. Classic Shell can be downloaded at

This is totally depends on the use. If you have many programs and so having them all on the desktop is cumbersome. In this case execute the command is very useful. So making use of the Start8 with Windows 8 consumer preview is not a bad idea.

This is totally depends on the use. If you have many programs and so having them all on the desktop is cumbersome. In this case execute the command is very useful. So making use of the Start8 with Windows 8 consumer preview is not a bad idea.

smile Re: How do I get back start button on Windows 8?

Just wanted to note that there's a Windows 7 lookalike skin on AskVG.com to make it look exactly like the Windows 7 Start Menu. Google for it. Not providing a link on purpose to avoid appearing as a link spammer.