Thread: Objectdock crashes with error message

Objectdock crashes with error message

Today when I power up my laptop, it showed me an error message saying that Object dock has encountered a problem and need to close. The crash report came up and I viewed. When I click on close, it didn’t close. So I used to the task manager to kill it. I restarted the computer once again then clicked on open background folder for objectdock but none of the docks installed there. The folder was completely blank. When I looked into the control panel, there were two versions of Objectdock installed. In that one was Objectdock plus version 2.01 and Objectdock plus 2 versions 1.00. Which one should be used?

Re: Objectdock crashes with error message

If there are 2 version of Objectdock installed in your computer, you have to disable the older version not to start on boot. After that create a shortcut of the most recent version on the desktop or pinning it to your taskbar. Now objectdock is not configured to start with boot, you can directly launch it using the shortcut created on taskbar or desktop. Crashes occur in most cases outdated Docklets or plugins. I can only advise to turning off all Docklets to test. I would try first and then install the shortcuts again.

I don’t think that those errors directly familiar with ObjectDock. Any errors that occur so often come only after some time, and with increasing amount of installed programs. Then interfere with what I call another program (or at least part way).

As far as I know that the ObjectDock settings are stored in: C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Stardock\ObjectDockPlus ObjectDock will revert to default settings. Now open the ObjectDock and it will create new ObjectDockPlus settings folder. Now once again see if crash happens with the default settings. I assume that settings files were corrupt. Sometimes security software can interfere with the start up apps blocking them completely during the start up process. So you need to check it for exceptions or temporarily disabling.

The file ObjectDock.exe belongs to the program Stardock Object Desktop Stardock provider. ObjectDock.exe Launch bar displays a configurable with an appearance-based Mac OS X. Usually the file is located in the directory ObjectDock.exe unknown. If the file is in another folder, it's probably because you picked the latter during the software installation. In some cases this is indicative of the presence of viruses. If it shows errors in Windows, it is possible that there are corrupt entries in the registry. In most cases it is sufficient to check the Windows Registry to identify errors ObjectDock.exe! If you cannot remove ObjectDock . exe errors, we suggest that you uninstall the program and re-run a scan of the Windows registry.

If there are strange errors regarding ObjectDock.exe, then do the following:
    • Use RegistryBooster free to find the cause of the problem. This sometimes helps.
    • Update ObjectDock. You can find updates on the website of the manufacturer.
    • Some malware camouflage themselves as ObjectDock.exe, especially if they are in the folder c: \ windows or c: \ windows \ system32. So check the ObjectDock.exe process on your pc whether it is virus. We recommend Security Task Manager for verifying your computer's security.

The programs and files can greatly limit the performance of Windows. In some cases ObjectDock.exe cause slowdowns. I suggest you check it immediately for Windows to locate the brake system! In case of doubt you can uninstall the program concerned. If ObjectDock.exe lies in starting automatically with Windows, you can slow down your PC. Is advisable to disable the automatic startup of this program if their functions are not needed most. TuneUp Utilities turns off unnecessary startup programs and Windows processes and thus reduces the load on your computer.