Thread: Command prompt option in Windows 7 explorer toolbar

Command prompt option in Windows 7 explorer toolbar

Hello friends, I would like to have command prompt option in Windows 7 explorer toolbar, well this would be mine first choice and also would like to have it in context menu. So whenever I click on it, then it should open with location of where I am in the explorer window. Let me explain you if I am navigate to and view the contents of the folder which is named as xxxx, so in toolbar or in context menu then I should be able click on command prompt and the window would open. So it is possible to have it and also what you people think about it, please share your thoughts with me. Thank you.

Re: Command prompt option in Windows 7 explorer toolbar

I am not sure with this, that it can be placed on toolbar or not, you will be able to get Open Command Window Here, for that need to Press and hold Shift key and right click on folder or drive which ever you like or want to open a command prompt with the focus at, and then you will be getting option and select click on Open Command Window Here and it does not mentioned that it is an elevated prompt.

Thank you for information and can be tell me that what is elevated prompt, whereas I have not heard about it and is some sort application which is need to be added, please tell me about it.

Well let me tell you that elevated prompt are a command prompt window which allows commands that need to have administrative privileges. With an Elevated Command Prompt you will be able to see C:\System32\Users\xxx\xxx… at the prompt in place of C:\Users\ xxx\xxx ...that you now see at the non-elevated Command Prompt in your screenshot. If you enjoy working with the CMD prompt, here is a list of Commands in Windows 7 take note of the related tutorials at the bottom.

Seem to recall a tutorial for adding stuff to the toolbar and I think/hope it was on this site because I remember going thru steps to put a 'Delete' up there. I will search this site for putting the command prompt in the toolbar. I really must begin a log of these tweaks I make and annotate where I found them.