Thread: Taskbar Resizing is not proper in windows 7

Taskbar Resizing is not proper in windows 7

as I was not able to find any solutions regarding this case , I am posting this thread and to say in my topic, As a personal preference, I run with the taskbar which is positioned on the left side of the screen with autohide set. In all earlier editions of Windows, when I tend to have some setting of the width of the taskbar it stays that way, whether the taskbar is locked or else unlocked. To add further, with Windows 7, after I tend to make some setting of the width, any time the system restarts, whether from Hibernation or else reboot. other reason could be initial startup, what-ever - the taskbar is back to the narrowest setting. So I am concerned with taskbar resizing entries and need a proper solution. Can you provide the same.

Re: Taskbar Resizing is not proper in windows 7

I need to provide you with some answers in your case and I suppose that the common issue appears to be hibernation. My guess would be that hibernation changes may tend to change or have some effects on the screen settings. You need to try to sleep mode instead.

I was also having this problem. And I have come across this one when the Autohideset to On. In addition to this , this bug is present for my Windows XP as well as Windows 7 if the taskbar is positioned on left/right side. And all you need to do is set your Autohide to off and this bug has by no means to repeat.If the taskbar is positioned at the bottom, then the whole thing will tend to work fine even with Autohideset to On.

Please guys, I am concerned to this issue and it happens on both my desktop and my notebook.
    • I am with Vertical (left side) taskbar
    • it will not matter whether it is Locked or unlocked,
    • I have with Autohide set to On
    • frequently caused by making apps fullscreen or else making some changes in resolutions
    • at times it happens just by coming out of power-save mode.
    • I am not having any idea regarding this one. Please give me further solutions.

I have found some possible solutions with which you can make some attempt. So I should say that as I was searching on another forum , it was suggested that installing the software Classical Start Menu would tend to solve the problem, and I have attempted with this one personally and it did worked.

I am having similar issues and need to be solved. Can you provide some suggestions. Every single time I tend to resume from hibernation, my taskbar will tend to shrink back to being an icon width. It is really frustrating but I am not able to find any means to keep it from occurring. I made some attempts as It does it for me when apps turn off Aero, in addition to when I turn it back on again after closing, it will tend to shrink back to a small width. Are you guys assisting me.

I forever configure my taskbar from left then auto-hide and then locked and that is the only way which I do. as well I have seen the similar behavior, but a few on some of my systems. I observe that the systems that work properly have a "Links" toolbar set off on the taskbar. After I make some activation of that toolbar as well as configured it for small icons I don’t have any issues on my side.

I'm supposing that this modification will ensure that there is no less than one wide element on the taskbar. If Windows observes that there are none, it attempts to optimize the display of the taskbar by shrinking it down. And that could be the possible answer in my case.

I need to add more information in your case. And to get with the solution , you can consider my case. Taskbar left side, and have some 6 icons wide along with Autohide on and then Locked. Toolbars used are: iTunes, Quick Launch as well as the Language bar. I as well have two programs’ which are Pinned to the Taskbar. The Taskbar will tend to resizes itself. When alt-tabbing among a full-screen game/prog . When exiting definite older game or else any other programs that make use of the full screen, or else even full-screen Windowed.

It was solved as it came to my notice that the Language bar that was causing the problem, I don’t know why, however after turning it off stopped the re-sizing issue. In Windows 7, it doesn’t assist me. Anyway thanks for the replies.