Thread: After logging off computer Transparent Desktop shortcuts turns black in windows 7

After logging off computer Transparent Desktop shortcuts turns black in windows 7

Recently installed windows7 operating system in my computer and after installing that I get problem with the desktop shortcuts. If I set desktop shortcuts transparent (by selecting the blank icon made in Photoshop) then it turns black after logging off computer. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: After logging off computer Transparent Desktop shortcuts turns black in windows 7

I have gone though the problem which you are facing with desktop icon in your computer and I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by rebuilding the icon cache and then check whether same problem is occurring or not? According to me by rebuilding the icon cache we can solve this problem.

Re: After logging off computer Transparent Desktop shortcuts turns black in windows 7

If you don’t know how to rebuild the icon cache in windows 7 operating system then I will help you with that. You have to first open my computer and then you have to Go to the Tools menu and select folder option. Now after selecting the folder option you have to click on View tab and then click on “Show Hidden files, folders, and drives “radio button. Now click on OK.

After that you have to navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local folder here you will file called IconCache.db. right click on that file and delete it. After deleting that file you have to reboot your computer and then check whether you can see all the icons correctly or not? I have also solved similar problem with the help of this solution.

You can also rebuild the icon cache with the help of command prompt. All you need to do is open start menu and then you have to type cmd in the start menu search box and after doing that you have to type following lines. (you have to close all the programs before doing this)

taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F
    CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local
    DEL IconCache.db /a
    shutdown /r /f /t 00

after doing this PC will reboot and then you have to check whether problem get solved or not?

I have already tried to solve this problem by rebuilding the iconcache in my computer but after rebuilding the icon cache also I get same problem. now after that I have also tried to fix this problem by applying different icon and I have notice that this problem only occurs with the transparent icons. Any help will be appreciated.

Instead of using the blank icon which you have made in Photoshop I will suggest you to try this steps.

• Right click on the desktop shortcut for which you ant transparent icon.
    • After that you have to select properties.
    • Click on change icon.
    • Select blank icon (white space)
    • Now click on OK.

After doing that you should restart your computer and check whether icon still turns in to black or not. I think this solution will fix this problem.

I was also facing similar problem with the Transparent Desktop shortcuts and then I have tried to solve this problem by selecting the blank icon by right clicking on the shortcut and clicking on the change icon from shortcut properties. After trying that my problem get solved.