Thread: How to change windows explorer theme in Windows 7

How to change windows explorer theme in Windows 7

I have installed the Windows 7 in my computer with the recommended settings and have done some changes to this like mouse, icon, wallpaper and all. I am wondering that how I can change the boring white background within the windows explorer so that it can be seen different. I am new to windows 7 and have no idea about this. Can you tell me that how can I do this. Other than this if you have some other suggestion for the customization then let me know that as well.

Re: How to change windows explorer theme in Windows 7

If you wish to change the theme then you ca n open the control panel and from there click on the personalization. From here, you will be able to change the theme that you like. Other than this, if you wish to change the windows color then click on the Windows color from there only and you can select the color that you would like to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Belendithas View Post
    If you wish to change the theme then you ca n open the control panel and from there click on the personalization. From here, you will be able to change the theme that you like. Other than this, if you wish to change the windows color then click on the Windows color from there only and you can select the color that you would like to keep.
    Thank you so much for the quick reply but I already know this thing. What I want is to change the background of the Windows explorer. The thing you are telling is very basic and I already knew that but thank you for your reply.

I also don’t have much idea about this but as far as I know that you will require to have the theme like this Dark7 Ultimate used for the Windows 7 x64 & x86 Final and with the help lof this , you will be able to do this without any issue. I hope that someone will post soon with the detailed information about this.

A Windows theme is a combination of backgrounds, colors and sounds related, in fact, a certain "theme" and pooled for affinity. With Ave's Style Builder can modify the msstyles file that run the Windows Aero interface. its characteristics are as follows:
    • Gain control of a file msstyle
    • Auto fixes alpha-channels from Photoshop
    • Simplified image editing
    • Control of each individual object
    • Test Visual Styles in a click
    • Completely change images STREAM

Obviously we need to export the images on the hard disk and edit them with a suitable program for editing, composition and image authoring. We will create the transparency effect modifying PNG images using Gimp or similar.

A feature implemented in Windows 7 gives the possibility to modify the proposal as a background image when accessing the system without using third party software. Although this is a feature designed for resellers (OEM), it is difficult to exploit to change the graphics with something really personal.

If you want then you can make the Windows explorer transparent. I found one post on techarena only where Felisha have given the steps to do this very nicely. If you want to have your desktop in that way then you can also try with this. I hope that it will be helpful for you.

Ultimate Windows Tweaker is a free application (unfortunately only available in English) that allows you to customize and optimize Windows Vista and Windows 7 (both 32 and 64bit). Windows Tweaker promises to increase the speed, stability and security of your operating system, all with a few clicks. Windows Tweaker does not require installation and its only 345KB is more than 150 configurable settings.