Thread: Enable transparency Box disappeared in windows 7

Enable transparency Box disappeared in windows 7

Hi guys in my computer I have recently installed windows 7 operating system and I have untick the enable transparency box and press ok just to see how it looks and after that when I try to enable the transparency again at that time “Enable transparency Box” was not there. I don’t know what is wrong with it but this problem is frustrating for me. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Enable transparency Box disappeared in windows 7

I think you have not selected the Aero Themes in Personalization window. You should first right click on your desktop and then you have to click on Personalization. Now you have to make sure that Aero theme is selected and then you have to check whether “Enable transparency Box” appears or not?

I will suggest you to check whether theme service is running or not? this problem can occur if theme service is not running. If that service is already running then you have to stop that service and disable the startup type. Now after doing that you have to set the startup type to automatic again and then restart the computer. may after this problem will get solved.

If you don’t know how to start and stop service then you have to follow this.

You have to first open start menu in your computer and after clicking on the startup menu you have to type services.msc in search box and press enter. After doing that you have to look for the themes service. Now right click on the Theme service and then you have to stop that service if it is running. Now go to the properties of Themes service and then you have to click on startup type drop down menu and select disable. Click on ok. now you have to again right click on properties of the Themes service and then you have to click on startup type drop down menu and select automatic. Now after doing that you have to check whether your problem get solved or not?

After trying this trick you will not face this difficulty.

According to me you should try to solve this problem by running Aero troubleshooter in your computer. in my case I have successfully solves this problem by running Aero troubleshooter. All you need to do is type Aero in start menu search box and then you will see “Find and fix problems with transparency and other visual effects.” Option and you have to click on that. Now it will detect the problem and solve it.

I have checked in the personalization and make sure that Aero theme is selected but after that also I was not able to see Enable transparency Box. After that I have also stopped the Themes service and started it again with no luck. Aero troubleshooter does not solve this issue. How to fix this problem?

I will suggest you to check whether Enable transparent glass is selected in the visual effects or not? if Enable transparent glass option is not selected then you have to select it and then check whether it makes any difference or not? if you find same issue after trying this also then let me know.

To select Enable transparent glass option in Visual effects you have to Follow this steps. You have to first right click on my computer icon and then you have to select properties. Now after doing that you have to select Advance system setting and then choose advance tab. Now after that you have to select setting option in performance BOX. Now you have to make sure that Enable transparent glass option is checked there and click on OK. Now you will be able to see Enable transparency Box.

There is a workaround for this problem which you can try and then your problem will get solved.

• Open registry editor in your computer.
    • After that you have to locate below key
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM
    • You have to double click on the ColorizationOpaqueBlend
    • You have to Type 0 in value data box and click on OK.
    • Now restart your computer.

Yes same problem was occurred with me also and then I have first thought this problem can be solved by Enable transparent glass option in Visual effects but after doing that also I was getting same problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by changing the registry value but that does not helped me. How to get rid of this problem? Any help will be appreciated.

I will suggest you to run SFC /SCANNOW Command and after running that in your computer you have to reboot it and then you have to check whether you get Enable transparency Box or not? I hope this solution will fix your problem.