Thread: Shortcut key for the Windows 7 Snipping Tool

Shortcut key for the Windows 7 Snipping Tool

Everyone knows that Windows 7 has a handy built-in screen capture tool called snipping tool. This tool is very useful in all situations for taking the screenshot of the Window. No matter what it is displaying, you can easily capture it but the problem is, this tool is not convenient what I mean is, If I want to take a snapshot of the screen, I have to launch the "screen shot tool" every time. There is no shortkey to do this. So thus anyone know a short key to launch the screen shot tool? Or should I consider installing a third party tool?

Re: Shortcut key for the Windows 7 Snipping Tool

I don’t think that you need to launch the snipping tool everytime when you can to take the screenshot of Window. You can make use of the keyboard key name “Printscreen” to take or capture the screenshot whenever you want but it will take one screenshot at a time. You need to paste it to Paint program or any other to save it separately. For next shot, once again you need to press the same button.

As far as I know that there is no assigned hot key for the Snipping Tool by default. However you can create a shortcut key easily. To do this:
    • From the Start menu, enter Snipping Tool in the search field to view the tool in question. The latter is also accessible via the Accessories folder.
    • Right click and open Properties.
    • In the Shortcut tab, it'll just set your hot key in the field provided for this purpose, for example, Ctrl + F12.

I think that you have to download a small tool or utility called “Snipping Tool Hot Key”. However this is not for free. This is extremely fast and easy. After installing the Snipping Tool Hot Key, you can instantly access the Snipping Tool on Windows 7 with the use of just one key. This tool also works on Windows vista. The “pause” key will launch the Snipping Tool after installing this one.

Capture tool is a very practical and easy to use, contained in Windows 7. It allows you to save the entire screen, a window or a selection of screen, in PNG, JPEG, GIF or HTML. We can thus obtain the images to be included in our work, in our presentations or publish on the web. The options contained in this application in Windows are not many, but we have the ability to perform all essential operations, to the advantage of ease and immediacy of 'use.

As far as I know that the snipping program is located in the Accessories folder, accessible from the Start menu -> All Programs -> Accessories. To make accessible, the best thing is to create a shortcut on the desktop, an operation by which the link appears under the name "Tool capture ". The program file is contained in the windows/system32 directory and is called SnippingTool. When you run the application, you will get a menu to choose the type of capture of free-form, rectangular window and full screen. The options menu has some choices on how to save and colored pen for any notes or corrections to the image captured.

There are undoubtedly many screen capture programs with many features, especially for users who make constant use of the function of capturing images, and capture tool built into Windows performs its job with great immediacy. But windows 7 snipping tool is very handy with few basic editing tool like pen, highlighter and eraser. At the end you can save the files in different formats.

With this capture tool you can capture text, graphics, and all associated annotations and save them in your preferred format. Unfortunately, Microsoft did not define a default keyboard shortcut for both Snipping Tool in Windows Vista and Windows 7. It is really pain to dig into the start menu to find the tool quickly. To create a keyboard shortcut for Snipping Tool, use the simple procedure below:
    • Go to Start, Accessories, right-click on Snipping Tool, and select Properties.
    • Go to the Shortcut tab.
    • Select the Shortcut key box, then press any key on the keyboard you want your shortcut to the program.