Thread: Windows 7 custom logon screen background is not working

Windows 7 custom logon screen background is not working

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium in my computer and the problem that I am facing is that I am not able to get the custom logon screen background work, I am not willing to use any software for the same and I have tried out the solutions that I have found where I have to make some changes in the registry and all but then I have not yet got them to work, is there anyone who can help me to get it work?

Re: Windows 7 custom logon screen background is not working

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium in my computer and the problem that I am facing is that I am not able to get the custom logon screen background work, I am not willing to use any software for the same and I have tried out the solutions that I have found where I have to make some changes in the registry and all but then I have not yet got them to work, is there anyone who can help me to get it work?
    I just want you to first make sure that the backgroundDefault.jpg is located at: C:\Windows\System32\oobe\INFO\BACKGROUNDS and the below is the entry in the registry:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background]
    "OEMBackground"=dword:00000001

I am having the registry same as that you have listed and I have checked out the backgroundDefault.jpg in my case and it is located at C:\Windows\System32\oobe\INFO\BACKGROUNDS as well but then I don’t think that they are making any difference, Is there any other thing that I can check or change to get it work?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

If that’s not helping then you can check out the below two things, that’s what I can think of in your case:
    • First try to disable UAC temporarily and check if it is making any difference.
    • Also make sure that the size of your backgroundDefault.jpg. Is not exceeding 256kb, if it exceeds then it won’t be changing.

Just check these things out and then let me know what you get.

If the above solutions are not helping you out then you can try to use my backgroundDefault.jpg along with the reg file which is needed to 'de-activate' and activate. I am attaching them below, best of luck.