Thread: Windows Disk Defragger keep running and won't stop

Windows Disk Defragger keep running and won't stop

I think it has been 6 months that I never used the defragger in my laptop. Yesterday I ran the windows defragger and then came back after several hours later. The laptop told me that it is still running. Is there anything wrong? Is it the problem with the laptop or OS? Is there any free Disk defragger for Windows software?

Re: Windows Disk Defragger keep running and won't stop

I know about the Windows XP and also all other Windows operating systems. They actually integrated a "silent" background boot optimization process. This process runs when the system idle. This process gets help from the native Windows Disk Defragmenter (dfgrntfs.exe in my case) which will routinely defragment Windows startup files and speed up boot times. As far as I know this idle process can only be disabled by editing the registry.

If you want to get the different defragment software then use Defraggler for your whole HDD or for individual files. This is actually a compact and portable Windows application which is capable to defrag NTFS and FAT32 file systems. By using this app, you can run the full or partial defrag.

So it seems to me that disk fragment is the primary cause of slow and unstable PC. To resovle this issue I use Smart Defrag 2. It is free tool with extremely fast and efficient defragmentation. This can make your HDD to load files faster and intelligently in order to offer high disk performance. This tool works automatically and quietly. It also keeps HDD at its top speed. It is 100% safe and secure.

I think that there are lots of files. If you want to remove lots of junk files from the system, it is better to use CCleaner or Advance System Care rather than running Windows defrag. If you want to disable silent defragment process from the Windows, then follow these steps.
    • Open the Windows Registry (Run > regedit)
    • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Dfrg\BootOptimizeFunction
    • Change the "Enable" key from Y to N