Thread: Windows 7 system cannot install the downloaded gadgets

Windows 7 system cannot install the downloaded gadgets

I recently bought a new windows 7 32 bit system at my home. I found it working fast and very well.

Except for the few problems I don’t have any other issue with this system. Initially I had problems with the Explorer.exe frequent crashing problem but later on I however fixed the issue. Now the only one problem left in my system is the installation of the downloaded gadgets. Seems quite strange but it’s a fact, I cannot install only the downloaded gadgets present in the system. I have total 13 prepackaged gadgets which I think works fine but I gets an error message when I try to install only the downloaded ones from the link in the gadget dialog box. May I know what exactly the issue is with these gadgets which I have installed?

Re: Windows 7 system cannot install the downloaded gadgets

Hey can you see any locks on the gadget folders which are unable to install or run? If so then I am sure you are facing the same problem of mine. I exactly don’t know what exactly these locks means but I can say that in my system at c:\users\Owner\appdata~Windows sidebar\gadgets there are almost 15 to 16 gadget folders, amongst those folder not all but few of folders have locks on the file icon present inside the folder.

If I am not mistaken then definitely these lock are due to some ownership issue. No sure but I have a mild doubt regarding the ownership reason I found out. Once I am confirmed with the doubt then I will go for getting some best solution.

You need not have to doubt on anything, these are the ownership issue. If you found any locks on the files of the gadget folder then definitely you will have to get a lock code or security keys in order to unlock those gadgets. Just let me know from where did you downloaded those locked gadgets and also let me know whether all the other default inbuilt gadgets works fine?

I have exactly only 3 gadget folders which I have downloaded and not getting installed, at the same location also the other 13 gadget folder which came along with the Windows as I mentioned above. I also said that those 13 gadgets are active and are working fine. I downloaded the other 3 folders from the link on the main gadget dialog. That dialog had 13 inbuilt gadgets and along with that a link was provided to get more online gadgets. That link takes you to the Microsoft page from that page I got those non responding gadgets. Downloaded several ones and all came up with the same result.

The only thing people will suggest you are to do a clean install. That’s a better option which was also recommended to me when I had this problem. But I denied doing it as I had all my files, libraries and utilities which I really wanted to be present in the system. I rather picked up the option of fixing it buy some other trick.

But still I would like to give you the suggestion to use clean install if you prefer to do so. It really makes the system too fast and clean.

Anyways can anyone suggest me with a gadget which can help me in acting as a search engine, a very small one I need. And also let me know from where I can get it.

You can only go for MultiSearchIt; using that you can easily search for any search engine or anything like google, live, yahoo, ask, altavista, news, maps, images, music, software, weather, youtube, ebay, amazon, dictionary and even Wikipedia. It’s also very tiny and compact if compared to any other related gadget. And the most interesting thing is that it is compatible for both Vista and Windows 7. You can get it on web, just type the name on google and get the download links.