Thread: Missing "My Computer" icon

Missing "My Computer" icon

From last two days, I am having this strange problem. Actually I found that the "My Computer" icon in my computer is missing. It is not the desktop. I don’t know the idea that how I can get that back. It may be easy for you people and you may think it as a noob question but I really know nothing about this.

Re: Missing "My Computer" icon

It is very easy to do that. For that, just press start button and right click on my computer icon in the start menu. There you will see one of the options as "Show on Desktop". Just click on that and you will get the “My Computer” icon back on the desktop. This is very simple and I am sure that you will get that back on your screen. So do this and report us back here if this does not resolve the issue so that we can try to solve that in some other possible way.

Do you have Windows XP on the computer? Then right click on the desktop -> properties -> Desktop -> Customize Desktop and make a catch in the workplace.

Here is one more workaround for this problem. Click anywhere in a blank area of the desktop to the right -> Properties. In the properties you choose the "Desktop" and click on the button below "Customize Desktop". Now there should really be off the hook at the workplace. So you do it again to take in and press OK. If there is already a check mark, then do it again and click Make way. Then you make that down a tick and click Apply. I hope that this will be helpful for you.

If you want then you can make use of the TuneUp 97. With the help of the old TuneUp you, you ca n simply click on "Symbols reinitialize" and all the things will be fine again. TuneUP97 should work in compatibility mode under Windows XP, the program I'd better not verwenden.Die TuneUP97 most settings work on the "win.ini"-configuration or the Windows registry, especially since the Windows XP registry structure but different in many respects than in Windows95/98/ and can cause by using TuneUP97 invalid or meaningless for WindowsXP WindowsXP registry manipulation

Here are the steps that you will have ‘to follow for this.
    • Right click on free space on the desktop and select "Properties"
    • Click on the tab "Desktop"
    • Click on the "Customize Desktop"
    • There you can choose to see / not see (and, therefore, regenerate) the basic icons on the desktop, and change its image to one that you like best icons from any file.

This might be because of some virus in your computer. So, it will be better for you if you scan your computer with some good antivirus but make sure that the antivirus is updated.

Most simple way for this is to go to the start menu and then drag the icon of My computer to the desktop. This will create shortcut of my computer on the desktop. This is the simplest way that I can tell you. This cannot ne the virus problem as suggested above. Other than this you can just press start + R and in the small window opened, just type three dots “…” and press enter. It will open my computer. I usually open by this way.

I also use the same method as Start + R > … and this is the best. Why to keep the things on the desktop for which we have shortcuts.

Go to Start and look for My Computer, then right click and show on the desktop, and you're done. If you give right-click the taskbar and you'll see an option properties in Home. If you put Home Classic, you will automatically icons normally displayed in other windows than XP, but with a different output format. Home If you put "normal", you have to do what you've put above.

Most simple way for this is to go to the start menu and then drag the icon of My computer to the desktop. This will create shortcut of my computer on the desktop. This is the simplest way that I can tell you. This cannot ne the virus problem as suggested above. Other than this you can just press start + R and in the small window opened, just type three dots “…” and press enter. It will open my computer. I usually open by this way.