Thread: Icons disappeared from desktop wallpaper

Icons disappeared from desktop wallpaper

I downloaded an windows update on my desktop and cleaned up disk to make computer work faster . After cleaned up finished all system got hanged and I was able to return it by using task manager but there were no icons on desk top.All program icons were deleted, I do not know what to do and hoe to recover it . Do I have to go to Internet explorer and download again and download it or format my computer ?

Re: Icons disappeared from desktop wallpaper

The windows updates can be some time fake updates that can be a piece of virus or a malware . As you have run disk cleanup there might be possibility that update has deleted the desktop icons due to some virus infection . But still there is method using which you can receiver the icons. Press CTRL + ALT + DEL and then select File and inside it select New Task.In that type explorer.exe and hit enter that should bring up your desktop and the rest of the icons

As you are not getting the icons on your desk top , restart your computer. When the computer starts you will see your computer's hardware being listed. When you see this information start to gently tap theF8 key repeatedly until you are presented with the Windows Advanced Boot Options. Select the Safe Mode with Networking option using the arrow keys. Then press the enter key on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. When Windows starts you will be at a typical logon screen. Logon to your computer and your computer will enter in Safe mode and check that whether there is system restore icon . Click on system restore icon it wii restore system on earlier date and will automatically restart your computer . Try this method hope it will help you and prevent formatting of your system.

masud30s Guest

I faces same problem a lot of virus do this you should used antivirus system.
    Then try its really work.