Thread: OS X Lion displaying blurry icons

OS X Lion displaying blurry icons

I am using OS X Lion and finds it very great in using but now I am facing the problem that the font or I can say some letters or characters are not displayed properly when I take a quick look on small applications and do not open them . The other issue is that some of icons appear low with resolution without any reason . When I restart my desktop all the display appears clean and after some time same happens can any one suggest me what I can do to avoid this .

Re: OS X Lion displaying blurry icons

Some of the icons get pixeleted after you update any software , the reason for this is not known to me of this behavior ,there may be an internal pointer that points to the old location but still you can remove it by right clicking on it and selecting the options and select remove fro the dock then go to menu finder and application and double click to restart it , the icon appears in the dock again, right click on and in options select keep in dock where you can keep it. The trick is useful for some application .

This problem is commonly faced by people who are using OS X because the icons that are developed on OS X are comprised of more than single file that represents a different versions of icons . The resolutions to icons is different and thus OS X will load the high-resolution versions of icon even though they are of low resolution . Most of the applications that apple have will come with variable size versions like 512*512,256*256, and smallest upto 16*16. It seems that most of the people experience blurry icons when 32*32 and 16*16 versions are used in high resolution , ignoring the size of the icon. This problem is bot permanent but it will arise a day or other .

To clear the blurry icons you can try using a system maintenance tool to remove all user and system caches. This can be done with a utility in start menu. After removing the caches, restart the computer.

I dont have a mac but try and calibrate the display.