Thread: Taskbar gets corrupted in Lenovo ThinkPad X200s

Taskbar gets corrupted in Lenovo ThinkPad X200s

Hello guys I am using Lenovo ThinkPad X200s laptop from last few months and I am using windows 7 in my laptop. Normally I use my laptop for my office work and surfing on the internet. In my laptop I am facing one annoying issue from last few days. Now whenever I use my laptop my taskbar gets corrupted occasionally. In my taskbar I have internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft word, Think Vantage Toolbox and Power Manager Button. Please tell me what I should do to fix this problem.

Re: Taskbar gets corrupted in Lenovo ThinkPad X200s

First thing I would suggest you is check whether you are facing this issue randomly or you are getting this issue only while using any buttons from your taskbar. If you are getting any issue when you use any button from your taskbar from any specific application then think there is nothing wrong with your task bar but there might be problem with the application which you are trying to open. I hope you will get some help with this idea. If you need any more related information related to that then please tell me I will help you with that.

In my laptop I was also experiencing problem with my taskbar and after that I thought that it might be problem related to the operating system but after trying all the possible solution I was not able to fix that issue after that i came to know that there is Power Manager Button on my taskbar which was causing the problem and after knowing that I removed Power Manager from my system and after that I reinstalled it and problem solved. I think you should also try this solution.

As you have said that there might Power Manager Button can be the issue and after reading that I have removed Power Manager Application and I reinstalled that in my laptop but it doesn’t make any difference and problem is still occurring in my laptop. I have also tried to fix this issue by reinstalling the Think Vantage Toolbox but it end up with the same result. Is there anything wrong with my operating system or there is viruses in my laptop which is causing this issue?

I would like to tell you that there are possibilities of virus infection in your Lenovo ThinkPad X200s and I think you should first scan n your laptop completely and after that check whether it makes any difference or not? If you don’t have any antivirus software in your laptop then you can purchase it or you can also find the free versions on the internet. If you are looking to purchase then e-scan antivirus is what I will suggest you and if you don’t want to buy antivirus then download the AVG antivirus from its official site.

Try to solve this issue by disabling the Aero in your system and after that check what the result its. If you don’t get the same issue after disabling the Aero in your laptop then I think some files of your operating system might get corrupted and you can solve this issue by performing the windows repairing. If you didn’t get any help after disabling the Aero also then I think you should install the fresh copy of your operating system and after that your problem will get solved.

As you have suggested the by doing the virus scan in my laptop I can fix this issue but after doing the virus scan also I get the same problem and after that have also tried to check my system after disabli8ng the Aero in my laptop. Now after disabling the Aero when I use my laptop for some time I didn’t get any problem and then I have repaired operating system in my Lenovo ThinkPad X200s laptop. Now after repairing the operating system in my Lenovo ThinkPad X200s laptop I am not facing any issue.