Thread: How to change the appearance of background photo in HP laptop

How to change the appearance of background photo in HP laptop

Hi I am running Windows 7 Operating System In my 4 months old HP laptop. I don’t exactly remember when till problem started but it was running very well until last week but recently I am facing some weird problem in my computer. I am unable to change the appearance of the background images of my desktop window. I am unable to change the default setting of “Stretch” to “Center”. What could be the reason behind this unusual behavior? Does anyone have any idea on this matter? Please help me.

Re: How to change the appearance of background photo in HP laptop

According to me, it might be possible that your system is behaving this way because of some virus attack in your system. I would suggest you to perform complete scan of your system so that if some malicious germ or viruses is present in your system, then it will be detected. Please delete them if detected any. You should always remember to keep the antivirus installed in your system updated so that your computer is always kept protected from the newest viruses. Also it is better to perform scanning of your system every now and then so that you will get to know the health of your system and whether it is well protected or not.

I am not sure about this but there can be chances that you are facing this problem because you might be having a wide-screen monitor and you must be running that monitor in a non-wide-screen resolution. So I would suggest you to check out whether the resolution setting is perfect or not. And if you are using an LCD monitor, then I would like to recommend you to change the setting to the native resolution of it. You can give a shot to this solution and try your luck.

Hey guys, Thank you for your quick replies. It was very sweet and kind of you people to get some time to try solving my problem but unfortunately the solutions seems to be not working for me. I scanned my system many times by now to check whether any virus is being detected or not, but luckily noting was found. And also my antivirus is always updated and I perform scanning time to time. I even tried the solution in the second reply but it also did not help me. I am unable to solve the issue and still I am facing the same problem in my HP laptop. Please someone help me. Your suggestion would be appreciated.

As you said that the problem started off all of a sudden and its being just 4 months you have purchased this HP laptop. So I would suggest you to contact the nearest HP Service Center and make an appointment to get your laptop fixed. If your laptop is within the warranty period then probably you will get your laptop repaired free of cost and if you don’t have the warranty thingy then you will be asked to pay for the service, but the charges will be minimum.

This is a common problem among many HP laptop users. It seems there was some problem with the laptop itself and thus HP has released a SoftPaq (SP45575), "Wallpaper Picture Position Enabler" which works to solve this particular issue in some models of Compaq and HP laptops and PCs. The Wallpaper Picture Position Enabler will enable the user to change the appearance of the Wallpaper Background Picture. You can search for the same on Internet and download it in your laptop. Double click the installation setup and follow the onscreen instruction to install the fix.