Thread: desktop icons keep shuffling in Windows 7

desktop icons keep shuffling in Windows 7

Hi friends I have windows 7 in my Dell laptop and its all working good my laptop is fine windows 7 is fine. But from last 15 days I am facing one problem which is very annoying the problem is I have many icons on my desktop and I have arranged this icons according to my needs but after every 2 or 3 days when I start my laptop the icons change itself automatically. I don’t know what is going wrong with that, because rearranging the icons after every 2 or 3 days is very irritating. That is why I want solution to solve this issue. If anyone who knows how to fix this issue then please tell me the steps for that.

Re: desktop icons keep shuffling in Windows 7

I have read your problem as you have said in your post that you have to rearrange the icons after every 2 or 3 days I know it is very frustrating. According to me you have selected the auto arrange option in your desktop setting because of which you are facing this problem again and again. So I suggest you to when you next time start your laptop just right click on desktop and go to arrange icons and unselect the auto arrange option after that you will not face same problem again and again. Try this If this idea works for you then it is good and if you still facing this problem then let me know.

Hey thank you for your help. As you suggested to me I have checked about auto arrange option but it is not selected but same problem is still coming. Now please tell me is there anything wrong with my laptop or Windows 7? Or should I reinstall windows 7? If you have any other idea to fix this problem then please tell me how to get rid of this problem. Is there any chances of virus if is there anything like that then tell me how to delete this. Thank you.

Yes there may be a chances of virus now days so many types of viruses is on internet which can harm your system anytime. If you have any antivirus currently on your system then use it now. Scan your whole system and make sure your Antivirus is properly updated. if after the virus scan complete if you are not facing this problem then it is very good but if this problem remain same there then I think you should repair your windows 7 with help of Windows 7 boot disk. After doing this 99% this will be not come again. Try this I hope this will be helpful to you.

I was also having same problem for my desktop. I have windows 7 operation system. I have spent so many hours behind that and after doing search on internet finally I found one fix for this problem. I renamed all my shortcuts on my desktop e.g., by putting a "-" as first character) after doing this I restart my computer and after that I didn’t face any problem and now my system is running normally and icons are also stopped rearranging. So I think you should also try this. It will be helpful to you also.

If you are facing same problem even after renaming the shortcuts on desktop then I have one more fix for you for that just go on internet and search for the Icon Restorer, this application will backup and restore desktop icon layouts, and it also provide 64-bit support. So this also can be a fix for solving your problem try this two tricks if after that also you are facing the same problem then please let me know I will try to search for more solution also. So hope fully you will be able to solve your problem successfully.