Thread: My pictures got dark

My pictures got dark

Hello people, I had a superb party past night with my associates. We really had a memorable time. My friend mailed me all the photos of the party and I saved it in my picture folder. Then I was watching it with my small niece 3 years old. It was all fine till now .Then my dad called me for some work and by the time I came back all the pictures looked black. I don’t know why this happened, whether my niece changed some settings or whether it is any internal problem with the system viz because of the OS, windows 7 that I use. Please help friends , what should I do to get my pictures normal.

Re: My pictures got dark

Hi. This is not an uncommon problem. So just relax. I would suggest you to right click on the desktop, then settings tab, followed by advanced button and color tab to get the contrast and brightness controls. It may be happen that your prints must not be corresponding your monitor as to intensity and color.

I would advocate you firstly to check color and the brightness on the monitor, may be your neice must have changed it without knowing the future results. The other major issue here that I am able to figure out is that may be your monitor is not calibrated and profiled. If not then go for spyder 3.It would resolve the issues.

Looking at the question, the first thing that flashes my mind without thinking in the further prospects about the niece and the settings is that how much old is your monitor or is it a very new one, chances being it may be defective. Also, you can search on the internet on the subject matter of color management.