Thread: Unable to move the taskbar back to the bottom of the screen

Unable to move the taskbar back to the bottom of the screen

I am not able to move task back back on its original location on Dell system. It has Windows Vista installed. My friend was using this pc for few days. So he completely customized it. He moved the task bar on the top side and change all icon themes. I am trying to restore it old stuff back. The pc is also working really slow due to this customization. I want some help to move the task bar.

Re: Unable to move the taskbar back to the bottom of the screen

Just right click on the Task Bar and click on Lock the Task bar. There will be tiny tick which is removed then you click back on that. Later on you would be able to move the task bar icon wherever you want. This is the most easiest way to fix the problem. I do not think there is any other problem. Just try to unlock it first and then move it wherever you want. Post back if this does not work.

Thanks for your answer. I tried that but it is not working. I tried dragging it after removing the tick from unlock taskbar. But that is not working. I think there is some other issue in the system. My system is very slow. I has seen in Task Manager > Performance. The ram usage is full and the cpu utilization lies above 50%. It looks there is something working in the background.

The best way to get your old system back is by system restore. You can click on Start and in that type system restore. Choose a old date from that. Do not choose really old. Because this thing will remove any recently installed software from your system but it will not touch your data. This is the fastest way to get the settings back. Just system restore and see. Reply back if you get any error.

It is necessary to find what background applications are working in your system. You have to terminate that thing to boost your system output. You can find that that through Process Explorer. Just download and install this program in your system. This tool will give you the list of all programs working in the background. You can remove which you do not need and make your system work faster.