Thread: Windows 7: Remove the Show Desktop Button

Windows 7: Remove the Show Desktop Button

Hi friends, I want to know that the show desktop button can be disabled or not? I understand that we cannot move the show desktop button, but I am sure it can be disabled. Each and every time I go to scroll down it pops up and closes the window. Then I have to get to start with the new windows again and this continues every time. It also closes down and cycle continues. Also When scrolling web pages using IE, my cursor drifts onto the desktop button and next thing I know I closed my browser session. Anyway to fix or disable it? Please help me what can i do now?

Re: Windows 7: Remove the Show Desktop Button

Try to do this and check whether it helps you out. Right click on to the start button and from that you will be having the properties option, select the properties and then click on to the taskbar. Then go Under Preview desktop with Aero Peek and Uncheck use Aero Peek to preview the desktop. Now test it, if the problem is being dissolved or not. hope this works and if you get result post back on to the forum.

Hovering the mouse pointers on the Show desktop button at the very end of the taskbar, it can make the Windows fade from the view that reveals the desktop. If you not want the desktop to be get fade when you point out the Show desktop button, you can switch off the features of the Aero peek. By clicking on to the start button Open Taskbar and Start Menu Properties, then click Control Panel> Appearance and Personalization> Taskbar and Start Menu. Now under the Preview desktop with Aero Peek clear the Use Aero Peek to preview the desktop check box and then click on to the Ok. You can view it temporarily using the aero peek on the link: windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Temporarily-preview-the-desktop-using-Aero-Peek. hope this method help you out.
    Last edited by CAILYN; 02-12-2010 at 07:10 AM.

Follow these steps to disable the aero peek or show desktop button: there are the two methods,
    Method 1 – Disable Desktop Aero Peek
    1) First right click on to the ORB start main menu button on the Windows 7 and in that you will be getting the option properties, select it.
    2) In the properties click on to the tab of the taskbar and uncheck the checkbox that have the option use aero peek to preview the desktop.
    3) After you uncheck the option, click on to the Apply button and then press OK button- that is the way the aero peek is disabled.
    Method 2 - System Wide Aero Peek Disable
    In the case that you want to disable the aero peek anywhere in to the Windows 7, go on to the control panel and in that search for the system and then click it and then click the Advanced System Properties in to the left panel. Uncheck the option enable aero peek and then click Apply button after that click OK. Hope this methods helps you to disable the Aero Peek

You cannot remove the show desktop button rather you can disable it functionality. To disable it right click on to the Super bar properties and in that uncheck the "Preview desktop with Aero Peek". We can only disable it, as per research there is no related article about this features. I suspect that it is being designed and we cannot remove it directly from the system rather it can be removed with the help of the free tiny portable tool, the name of the tool is Show Desktop Button Remover, it removes the show desktop button which is located at the very right corner of the desktop in the Windows 7. Once we run this tool and click on the remove button, it will remove it and then it will add itself to the startup. With the help of it we can also close this tool and the Show desktop button will not be there. After we reboot the system this tool will execute silently, remove the show desktop button and close it. this will some what help you out. Search for the tool from the Google and get it.