Thread: Theme problem in Windows 7

Theme problem in Windows 7

Windows 7 is the latest released operating system under the category of windows. Windows 7 is having many more advanced features as compared to the earlier versions. From last few days I am facing problem with my operating system. While changing the basic color theme of windows 7 to basic color and appearance of windows I am getting a blue screen on my desktop. I want a solution to solve this theme problem.

Re: Theme problem in Windows 7

You can change the color theme of windows 7 operating system very easily. You need to right click the mouse button on the desktop and then select personalize. After selecting personalize, you will be getting the windows color icon at the bottom of the screen. You need to select the windows color icon and the windows color and appearance window will open. From the windows color and appearance windows you can select your own settings and customize the desktop.

From the above steps I have successfully changed the color theme of my windows 7 operating system to windows color appearances successfully and the problem of the blue screen appearing on the desktop got resolved. I want a solution through which I can create customized theme in windows 7 and also steps to change the wallpaper if it has been disabled.

You can change the theme of windows 7 operating system to your selected theme. For changing the theme you need to right click on the desktop and then select personalize. The personalize windows is divided into three parts such as” My theme”, “Aero theme” and “Basic theme”. When you select my theme then you need to specify your own theme that you have downloaded from the internet. Aero themes are the themes that are provided by the system. Basic themes are the theme that do not require high powered graphic card. Click on the desired theme which you want to set for the system and then click on the ok button.

Many times you are not able to change the desktop wallpaper of the windows 7 then in that case you should follow the steps given below
    1. You need to edit the registry so that it will allow you to change the background of the desktop.
    2. To edit the registry you need to go to the Start button from the desktop and then select run window.
    3. In the run window type “regedit” and press the ok button. Windows registry window will open. In the registry window browse to the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop” location.
    4. You need to check the value of “NoChangingWallpaper”. If the value is set to 1 then you cannot change the wallpaper. To change the wallpaper you need to change its value to 0.
    5. Close the registry window and restart the system. You can now change the wallpaper.

You can also change the wallpaper on the windows 7 operating system very easily. Open the registry window and browse to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop location. In the right side of the window click on the wallpaper and specify the path of the picture where it is located. Search for “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop” file in the registry and select permission. Click on advanced and select owner tab. Highlight your name and then click on ok button. Under the advanced tab uncheck the checkbox next to “Include Inheritable Permissions from the Objects Parent” and then click on remove button. Click on add button to add new and name it as “everyone”. Now click on “allow to read control” and then press the ok button. Under everyone tab, click on the checkbox next to the” Allow Read” and then click on ok button. Restart the system and now you can change the wallpaper.