Thread: User screen resolution resets by itself

User screen resolution resets by itself

I am really having the problem with the screen resolution of the PC. I do not know why but the resolution of the screen resets by itself. What can be the exact reason for this? The problem is that whenever I set the resolution to the 1024*768, it remains on that for some time and after wards say after 2 minutes it again resets itself to the other resolution. The resolution that I have seen is random. By this I mean to say that it sets the resolution to the 860*600, 1280*600, 1280*720, 1280*768 and 1366*768, but it never comes on the 1024*768. Also it remains on that for the whole time until the reboot is done. Why is it happening with this particular figure 1024*768? I do not know the reason and I am really very disturbed with this behavior. Can you all please suggest me something for this. Also in addition to this I have Windows XP SP-2 on my system and have Windows 7 as the other operating system.

Re: User screen resolution resets by itself

Well in that case I think that it will be really wise that if you can have the proper drivers on your system. I have seen that the issues have been raised for the resolutions and the drivers, and resulting in the errors. If you can I think that it will be good if you can have the proper and updated drivers for the system. Regarding your post you had mentioned that the Operating Systems that you are having are Windows 7 and the Windows XP, can you tell me in which Operating Systems were you facing this trouble. if it is with the Windows 7 then I can tell you something in that case.

I was also about to ask the same thing if you are having the problem with the Windows 7 or the Windows XP. I do not think that you will be having any problem when you are using the Windows XP. In case of Windows 7 I have seen many of the people discussing and complaining about the drivers. Actually the driver’s compatibility issues are seen with the new Operating System and I think that it totally depends on the Microsoft to blame for. Also if you are having the Graphics Cards then the problem is still double. If that is the case then you will have to wait for the updates to come from either of the sides. Go to the official site of the Microsoft and search for the compatible drivers and I am sure that if that is the case then it will be rectified.

Well I go the solution that you all were looking for. Well for doing that you will have to play with the Registry. Well I did it work on my Compaq DE530 and I think that it will be well enough to run on your system as well. You will have to edit the Registry in such a manner that you will be able to delete the SETREFRESH.EXE from starting with Windows. If you can not do that by using the script tehn yu can press the Windows Key on the keyboard and then the R key and when the Run Window appears just type msconfig. When the window will flash in front of you then you will have to search for SETREFRESH.EXE and remove it from there. In my case I was able to see it in the Compaq software folders on my machine. Well you can search for it on your system. Now the good news is that it is not resetting in my case and hence I think it will assist you too.

Well I am not sure about the solution that I am going to suggest as I have never tried it before, but if you like it then you can try it for you. The discussion on the thing that is going on is not like it had never happened it has already happened before. The problem that came in front was because of some of the obligatory profiles. Just do the things below and I am sure that you will get the way for the problem.
    • First of all please login as the Administrator.
    • Then change the user’s profile from the user.man to user.dat.
    • After that let the user login and then change the resolution.
    • After that login as the administrator for the final time and again change the profile back to the user.man.

Well I have already mentioned that I am not sure about it but it is really worth of giving a try.

I really think that it will be intelligent if you can have the updates of the drivers for the system installed once again on your system. Please this time make sure that the installation of the drivers that you are doing is a clean installation. Uninstall all the drivers that were installed on the system and then install the fresh drivers for the same. Well if the problem still persists then I think you can also go for the Windows reinstallation. Well I do not think that the problem is so serious that it will require the Windows Reinstallation, but if it does then I think that it will be a better one to go for.

Most probably it may be the result of the Monitor that you are using. I think that the CD that came along with the Monitor will really assist you in getting out of the problem. You should have tried this as the first solution or say as the first step of the diagnosis. Well if you have not tried it then I think it will be a great idea to have a try on that thing. See if the CD really assists you to get you out of the problem. Happy to help always.

Whatever may be the thing but I am also sure if that is the problem because of the Windows 7 then it is the issue of the DRIVER COMPATIBILITY and that can be solved only when the Microsoft will come up with something. Well if you want to get more information regarding this then I can really suggest you some of the threads by visiting them you can get yourself cleared on the issues. Just follow the link below: What screen resolution?and Resolution Automatically Resets to Lowest Setting after Window. I am definitely sure that you will get some information regarding that.