Thread: Recycle bin icon appears full, but it's empty

Recycle bin icon appears full, but it's empty

I am having an personal computer at my home with the windows XP operating system in it. With 2GB ram and 250 GB of the hard disk. In my ways this is the very good configuration for me. As I work on it daily but today I observed a thing that my recycle bin icon is appears full when i open it then there is not having any single file. I don't know from how much time this kind of problem is going on. If any one having the information on this then please reply me.

Re: Recycle bin icon appears full, but it's empty

Many of the time i have seen this kind of issue happens with the computer. I have done many of the research on this i ma sure my information will surely help you to solve your problem. Just Right on your monitor screen then go to the properties in the property there are different tabs, click on desktop tab in that there is one option called as Customize Desktop. There are many of the icons in the select the recycle icon and then click on the restore default. I am sure it will surely work.

I was facing the same problem with my recycle bin icon but as far i know i delete all the file by pressing shift+del. By giving this command all the data which has been deleted is completely delete instead of going into the recycle bin. I suggest you to open the recycle bin and go to the tools and click on the show hide files and folder by doing this all the files and folder which are in hide property will appear and then delete all them by pressing shift+del key. I hope this this information may help you.

There may be many reasons behind this issues, but main reason for this issue that is your personal computer has been infected due to the virus. Even when we try to delete all the files its not happence. some of the file or folders are infected due to very bad virus. So first you scan your personal computer with the updated antivirus for at least once so that all the infected files and folders could be deleted.

Many of the time when you work on the personal computer you may have observe that there are some files that are having the redundant properties. you can make you of those redundant files for clear all your recycle bin. Just check which file is the having the redundant property and copy that file to the recycle bin. I am sure it will clear all your recycle bin. If you are having any other query then please reply me.